domingo, julio 31, 2005

APPLE of my eyes

I've been to my niece debut party tonight. It's been nine years since the last time I saw her and her siblings. I can still remember the times when mom would take one of the two girls in our house and we'll take care of them for a week. those kids have gone through a lot of hard times since their mom died… Looking at them now, I cannot help but get amazed with how much the've grown. Halos hindi ko na sila makilala. Especially Raylord, the youngest and the only boy, who looks older than his age. Iba talaga nagagawa ng hangin sa states. Hehehe.

My aunt, cousins, and I can't help but get emotional starting when Apple read her Dad's letter… nakakatuwa. just wanna share the first part coz it really touched me... the day she was born, kuya and my cousin were so scared because she didn't cry at first. He held him so close to him (even if she was covered with blood) and didn't let go of her until the moment she cried. Before handling her to the nurse, he whispered to her 'welcome to this world, baby. You're the apple of my eyes.' And I guess that's how she got her nickname. (wink wink).I also remember the time of Ate Edith's funeral. On the last blessing, Kuya Marvin opened the casket and kissed her on the lips as if she was still alive. He cried and whispered to her 'I love you.' (wink wink). Even if I was still young then, I can sense so much love in him. at that momemt I wished that someday, I could find someone like him…

I almost cried when my aunt hugged Kuya Marvin. They weren't in good terms the time he and the kids left the country. I could only guess how much emotion she had let go when she hugged him… well, I guess, time has already healed the wounds of yesterday.

The three of them- Apple, Vina, and Raylord, remind me how good God is. That through the dark clouds, there's always the sun shining. That even in darkness, there's hope… there is GOD.

I realized now, I should live life to the fullest and love LOVE to the fullest. Zeng taught me to seize the day, coz anything can happen tomorrow. We do not take hold of anything. Who knows, maybe tomorrow we'll be robbed off with our future without even having the chance to do or say whatever is in our heart. My nieces and nephew taught me to hope even if it feels the world is turning its back on you. They also made me realize how beautiful life is. Even with all the hardship and sadness existence might caused us, it is still a beautiful world and it is still a wonderful life.

God is really good. He always remind me of beautiful things during my darkest days.

1 comentario:

Tina dijo...

Zeng really thought you a lot... and it open your eyes to the things that you had not seen before or maybe I don't see now... hope to see you soon my friend... miss you so much.. take care...