sábado, agosto 01, 2009

on this first day of august

the first news i got this morning is the death of the first woman president of the republic. and so i said a little prayer for her soul and thanked God for using her as an instrument to restore this country's democracy.

thank you madam ex- president.

i just got home an hour ago from a 24- hr duty in the hospital and as i check my blog, i was surprised that an old friend of mine left me a note although she didn't know who i was because i am using a pseudo. (devilish grin)

since she wrote to me on this blogger, its certain that she also keep an account here and had been writing here. just checked her page a while ago and i've felt something inside of me. i guess it was the distance... the nostalgia. for a moment i had a flashback and saw the long hallways of our old school... the friendships... the adventures... the ceremonies... the goodbyes... as we went on with our own lives we lost track of each other and after ten years we were able to find each other again through the death of a friend.

(i am happy too that i can catch up with them through reading their posts. i have an additional of 2 blogs to read. yey! i missed reading since my friend que stopped posting. i swear i've read everything he wrote there. im a self confessed fan of his blog. miss you, friend!)

i was reading my own post about the death of my friend and i was ashamed that two of my friends have written her long passages while i have written only 'goodbye' and 'thank you'. i am not being cold there. but yes, i did feel ashamed because we've been so close before. when i visited her on the first day of her wake, i talked to her as i looked at her in the 'box'. in my mind, i told her everything i wanted to tell her. tears didn't come out but there was this lingering pain in my chest seeing her like that (pain is much like having angina pectoris). i have been thinking of her weeks before her death. it broke my heart that we didn't get a chance to see each other again.

(to my two dear friends, i added you in my blogosphere for my convenience)



i hate you ex- girlfriend!

i do not know why this is happening to me again. is there a lesson that i have to learn here?

THE case scenario:
a guy likes me and is starting to show it
this guy has an ex girlfriend. its been a hundred years since they broke up
the ex- girlfriend knew her ex-boyfriend is eyeing on me
ex- girlfriend got jealous, realized she still love her ex- boyfriend
ex- girlfriend displays emotion again for her ex- boyfriend who is currently giving me sweet nothings
guy looks around and poof!
ex- boyfriend and ex- girlfriend aren't on 'EX'- status anymore
they are back in each other's arms again

and me? all i said is 'what the f...?' kaloka!

i mean, is heaven using me to make couples realize that they are for each other (oh dear Lord, why me????) i don't really like the guy as in 'REALLY' like him and that he's the one for me. well, he MIGHT be. but how will we know that if we didn't get the chance to go further?

hmmm... well maybe im beginning to like the guy. and maybe hoping he can be someone significant. he made me laugh sometimes. and it's supposed to be 'something' when someone makes you laugh. but i cannot win with past love affair. they already have that common ground we don't have yet.

now that this happened to me for the second time around, will i let this pass again and just think that he's not the one and someone else will come along? or stay in the battlefield and fight the tug of war? hmmm... im getting really irritated. hohummm for sure after a good meal at that greek resto i've been eyeing for weeks now and after a good night's sleep, i'll return to the carefree me again and choose the former. good bye lover boy. hope you and your then ex-girlfriend will be happy for a very long time.


food finds


i am beginning to fall in love again with food. D, my good friend and colleague gave me the addy of his sister's blogpage. she's been writing about the restos she's been to and rated them. i must say, she's giving me good advices where my palate will indulge. like her, i also wanted to try polish, portuguese, russian food, etc. my, my, my those pictures in her blog keeps me dreaming of FOOD!




>>

1 comentario:

Lord Zagato dijo...

muy interesante