viernes, mayo 20, 2005

Let me call you sweetheart

(written yesterday, May 19, 2005 at 7.30 am. Unfortunately, I ran out of internet card so I wasn't able to post it then.)

I'm sick. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a slight headache. Natuluyan na kong magkasakit. I thought it was tonsilitis but when I checked on the mirror, my tonsils aren't inflamed. My pharynx though is red plus my uvula and pillars have mild vasculitis. My posterior cervical lymph nodes are also swollen and tender. My voice changed too.I haven't checked my temperature yet but I'm sure I also have mild fever. I checked my books for the causative agent and it reads 'pharyngitis with fever, swollen lymph nodes and exudates- most common cause of infection are group A streptococcus and Epstein Barr virus.' I don't think I have mono since my exudates is purulent suggesting a bacterial infection. Hay, Strep throat na naman….

I guess one of the reasons I got sick was the weather. This is one of the hottest summers I have experienced. Tapos uulan pa pag hapon. Hay nako, nakakaloka talaga.

Nahamugan ata ako the other day… Papsi, Tina and I were supposed to have a Star Wars Marathon but plans changed. We just went to Crossings for their summer sale. I wasn't able to buy anything except for the foot socks I've seen from my sister, Dabsy. I didn't have money and besides, if I have it I wont spend it for those branded items that were still uber mahal even on sale. There was a heavy downpour just before we decided to leave so we stayed a little bit more and resume our kwentuhan. May ambon pa din nung umalis kami kaya siguro …

Mom's pa- raffle is scheduled this morning. I think they are having it already as I type this entry. It's just two blocks away but nah, I'll just stay here and continue typing. I still have to call some people later and cancel some appointments.

I wanted to go to the mall later this afternoon to buy some stuffs. I'm running out of body wash and I'm not really accustomed using soap for shower. But then, I have to cancel that too.

I think it was also a blessing in disguise on Papsi's part that I wasn't able to join them in their Bolinao adventure. My condition would be a big K.J. Anyways, enjoy na lang kayo!

-------------------*

I was invited to the birthday party of my lola's sister in my Ate Nene's house. But then again, I have to beg off. My headache's getting terrible. Sayang, coz that's a good opportunity for me to congratulate my Ate Nene personally. We go to the same med school and she just graduated last April. Anyways, congratulations, Dr. Florita Policarpio! (I just learned from mom that she was given a brand new Vios by her parents as a graduation gift. Wow, congrats ulit!)

--------------------*

I haven't written about Neil's thanksgiving party last week. Galing talaga magluto ni Neil! Hehe. Sayang lang coz only a few in our high school barkada attended including yours truly. We had drinking session when most of the people have left. The boys were careful not to take in too much alcohol coz they have work the following day. They contented themselves having one shot each of Black Label and a few bottles of San Mig Light. I didn't join them really coz I don't like the taste of beer. I had red wine instead- a bottle of it- all for myself hehehe. I was amused scanning Neil's collection of Time magazine that I didn't noticed I had been drinking a lot. The wine was actually a prize Neil won from a bet he had with Kokoy. Hay nako, mas malakas pa rin ang prayers namin na papasa sya ng boards kaya ayan tuloy, natalo ka hehehe.

Congratulations ulit, Engr. Neil Bryan Adulta!

---------------------*

I haven't finished reading my first Mary Higgins Clark novel. I was a little frustrated about it. Well maybe my interest is just different. I like novels that has art/culture/ geography/ history involved like Dan Brown's Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code or Erich Segal's Acts of Faith. But I must say, still, Mary Higgins Clark writes beautifully. And I love the title - Let Me Call You Sweetheart. Hehe mukhang magandang terms of endearment. sweetheart...

---------------------*

my headache and sore throat are getting worse. I better go back to bed…

No hay comentarios: