sábado, enero 02, 2010

one batch. one decade. one great reunion

i was there. half an hour before the party was over. on that day, i was out from work at 7pm, my best buds, D and K, arrived at my house at 9pm then we waited some more somewhere in q.c. for R (we fondly call her first lady now). it's been a while since we saw our dear friend FL (first lady) and i was happy to be her passenger on our way to the venue (the two boys were in another car). we may not have been the best of friends in hs but our ties were drawn closer being the only two female in a group of 12. yes, im not their only princess as what it usually appears like. its just that im here and FL now lives in zambales with her dear hubby and daughter.

i had no plans of attending that reunion. even JB's persuasiveness didn't affect me . maybe because i had more bad memories then being one of the most bullied girl in the batch. i would even believe i could pass as the most hated girl in HS not because i was the most wicked cruelest person but because i didn't befriend those "uptown girls". i was happy to be simple. i didn't even care if i own nothing branded. we weren't rich to begin with and i wouldn't, for the life of me, ask mom to buy me a bag or a pair of shoes that will cost a thousand bucks just to show off. that annoying group wouldn't have noticed my existence if only the most famous and sort of influential person in the batch didn't have a crush on me and a rich girl (she was really rich and not just pretending to be one) didn't make me her best friend. maybe what even made the matter worse was that i was not really that accommodating back then. my shyness was mistaken as kasungitan. i was too shy to mingle. i was even scared of my own voice. (that is why i braved to join theater to overcome that shyness and eventually became a core group officer of that organization in my senior year which i also believe added more fire to their anger). so i spent my high school being the object of their hatred. i bet someone got to hate me first before she get accepted in their group. i was just happy that the few friends i had then stayed by my side and that they saw that im not really a bad person and i didn't deserve to be treated that way. i have to say i even enjoyed college more. i had freedom in college and i learned more about the realities of life then. so upto the last minute my decision was to stay home and forget all about the reunion. But i guess i was bound to be there. by some twist of fate, someone gave me her ticket for free and on the last minute, someone offered me a ride (my driver was not really on a vacation. i just made it up coz i really didn't want to go). it was nice having seen those familiar faces again after a decade of not seeing each other. a lot have changed now. i didn't feel the division anymore. everybody was happy to mingle and take pictures with each other. the party didn't even end there. we went to pasig for an after party. i got home at 5am (my latest ever).

i love the slogan of our reunion: one batch. one decade. one grand party.









MCS high school class '99 reunion
the legend villas, mandaluyong city
december 30, 2009

after party:
Metrowalk, Pasig City





>>

No hay comentarios: